HSE Diving at Work
David is an HSE Approved Medical Examiner for Divers (AMED) and is particularly familiar with the North Sea environment. From off-shore saturation divers to in-shore divers working in civil engineering, the media, archaeology or marine related projects.
HSE Diving medicals must ensure commercial divers (and their fellow divers and crew) are safe. The HSE diving medical takes approximately 90 minutes and includes: Clinical consultation, full physical examination, spirometry (lung function testing), and a Chester Fitness Test (Step test) to assess VO2 Max. Should other investigations be clinically required e.g. ECG, Audiogram, then they can be conducted at the time of the consultation.
Divers will receive a medical certificate on the day of the consultation.
Standard HSE Diving Medical* £175
Initial HSE Diving Medical** £275
* includes Lung Function Testing & Fitness Test
** includes Audiometry & ECG
Coming for a Medical
Please download, print and complete the application forms BEFORE arrival. Failure to do so adds 20 minutes to the consultation time.
- Bring your last MA2 medical forms. If this is your first HSE Medical you will need to complete a 'Diver Fact Sheet and Medical Questionniare', verified by your GP, (Downloadable from this page).
- Bring photo ID, (Passport, Drivers licence, Military ID, etc.).
- Be prepared to provide a urine sample ON ARRIVAL.
- Bring spectacles (do not wear contact lenses for the consultation).
- CHECK DIRECTIONS ON THE WEBSITE (THEY ARE SIMPLE IF FOLLWED) – DO NOT TRUST SAT NAV ONCE NEAR BEDSTONE.